SHOW UP!




Do you know that 80% of successes are recorded by people who show up? 

I got my first secular TV job which I love so much by not only showing up but applying the waiting game  principle. The producer of the show was away in Lagos for a meeting and was scheduled to return to Abuja at 2 pm to promote the new show. 

Prior to my meeting with the producer, I had looked up to the said individual as a mentor in the journalistic field and it was going to be my dream come through to finally meet the producer. The producer didn't show up at 2pm but at 11pm, I waited for extra 9 hours to compliment my "showing up & Waiting game" approach towards life. 

We eventually exchanged pleasantries after the producer's recording session and the producer was so pleased to meet me but was particularly moved by my zest and sacrifice. I left the studio on the eve of the next day at about 12:45am. That meeting launched me into multifaceted media.

The initial plan was give me a spot as an intern in the organization but the director of the show who was already getting to know me, evaluated my level of experience in the media field which I had acquired from the former TV station i worked with. He offered me the position of the floor manager at the spot without second guessing and four months later, I rose to becoming the Assistant Producer of that new show!



          Anchor Scripture: {Mathew 7:7}
"Seek and you will find."


Seeking entails being present at the situation room. It is not enough to just pray about it and spend numerous hours thinking it through, ensure you show up!  Showing up yields unprecedented miracles.

Show up at that press conference or interview, submit that proposal, step out of the comfort of your bedroom and try new things, make new friends and seek for creative ways to turn that boring situation of yours into a lively one. Be intentional about it because the heavens help those who help themselves.

And eventually, you'll thank yourself for backing that little faith of yours with a corresponding action.

Have a blessed day Fam!


No blogging without you, thank you for visiting!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sir Isaac Newton Is Ranked No.24 Out Of The 100 People That Changed The World, With Jesus Christ As No 1..His Story Will Inspire You..Read And Be Encouraged

UNEQUALLY YOKED

Virtue Left Me...