Entitlement Mentality


Entitlement Mentality is a "me me'' affair. It's a selfish way of reasoning.

''It's okay to seek help because we all need help to rise, but it is not okay to feel entitled to receiving help. Help is a privilege not a right''.

Anchor Scripture: {Proverbs 3:5-6}
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not in your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to Him, and He will make your path straight."

Most people especially Nigerians believe it is the sole responsibility of their relatives to foot their bills or provide them with a job when their parents fail. It's typical to get upset when this happens but it is not an ideal mentality. The Entitlement mentality has to stop! What happened to doing or getting it yourself through the strength that God extravagantly disburses?
God delivered me from the Entitlement Mentality, I used to be a victim.

I know an unmarried woman in her mid-thirties who still rains curses on her rich uncle who failed to sponsor her through higher institution. She is always in the habit of blaming her uncle, relatives, but herself for how sour her life turned into instead of channeling all the energy into becoming a better woman.

Growing up, my late mum emphatically reiterated on the importance of becoming independent and obtaining all I crave on my own, instead of relying on others because they could fail just like people closest to her whom she thought were her support system let her down.
Until she eluded herself from the entitlement mentality, things began to take dimensional turns in her favour. Gracious moments were soon actualized in phases.

She continually warned that even as a mother, she could fail me. I failed to comprehend her message because she provided everything I needed. Her message became clearer when she failed to live for my siblings and I, even when she fought vigorously for dear life, the cold hands of death snatched her. My siblings and I learnt the hard way not to rely on people,

It's okay to market your dreams to people that care about your well being, but you owe no one the conviction of how to effectively run your life, vice versa. Never welcome insecure thoughts or allow naysayers project their fears or dissatisfaction over your pursuit of happiness. Only then, will the chain of Entitlement Mentality would be broken forever.


Enjoy The Reason For The Season Guys!


No Blogging Without You, Thank You For Visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sir Isaac Newton Is Ranked No.24 Out Of The 100 People That Changed The World, With Jesus Christ As No 1..His Story Will Inspire You..Read And Be Encouraged

UNEQUALLY YOKED

Virtue Left Me...