Wait Oo...Mary, Mother Of Jesus And Wife Of Joseph Eventually Got Laid?


I was on my own sitting pretty and trying to acquire knowledge from the Holy Book (which has being my latest way of life) when I ran into this scripture;
Mathew 1:24-25(MSG Translation) "Then Joseph woke up. He did exactly what God's angel
commanded in the dream: He married Mary. But he didn't consummate the marriage until she had the baby, he named the baby Jesus.'' 

After I stormed this, I checked up other versions of the Bible and they corresponded. 

Quoting Mathew 1:24-25 of the New King James Version (NKJV), it reads, ''Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took his wife, and did not know her until she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called him Jesus. 

From the mini research that ensued after I stormed the passage, I was able to gather consummation in marriage isn't a sin and as a matter of fact was created by God in his own wisdom and He sees it as perfect. Therefore, Mary remained sinless amidst all. Majority of Christians opposed the notion saying that she remained a Virgin all through her lifetime, Martin Luther King supports the notion as well.

I went back again to thoroughly crosscheck the meaning of consummate just in case I mixed up the meaning, overwhelmingly, it means to make a marriage complete by engaging in first sexual intercourse.

Now the question is did Joseph remain celibate in the long lived marriage with Mary or did Mary retain her virginity which is upheld especially in the Catholic teaching? Mathew 1:24-25 is saying contrary and hmm, it gets interesting. 

I'll build up my research on the topic, solidify my thoughts, and in turn share with you. But until then, I'm still in utter shock.

*King Solomon warned me in the book of Ecclesiastes 1:18 that "too much learning would earn me too much trouble, and that the more I learn, the more I hurt." Now I understand.

Hmmm.... Have a nice day, that's all I can say right now.




No Blogging Without You, Thank You For Visiting. 

Comments

  1. Interesting. I wonder why people think she remained a virgin all her life. She's popularly called 'Virgin Mary' because she conceived and as a virgin, which is against nature's law. If she didn't have sexual intercourse with her husband there was no point getting married in the first place. Konji for don kill Joseph.lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sir Isaac Newton Is Ranked No.24 Out Of The 100 People That Changed The World, With Jesus Christ As No 1..His Story Will Inspire You..Read And Be Encouraged

UNEQUALLY YOKED

Virtue Left Me...