I gushed about my experience in church yesterday, details are in my diary, feel free to pay a visit and read your eyes out. lol
Great achievers are not celebrated compared to what we see on social media platforms these days. You'll agree with me that musicians, models, actors, jackpot winners, etc take the spotlight and dominate the world, little or no recognition is given to those who work so hard to make a difference which entailed living an extra-ordinary life.
I'll be featuring "The Mighty Zig Ziglar" today, grab a seat, munch on anything if You please and enjoy the unique and inspiring story of Zig Ziglar.
I didn't just want to write about Zig Ziglar because of the stories I heard about him or very interesting articles of his work I was able to gather through Google but entirely because of the 9mins 27sec video of him that I dashed out to You tube to watch immediately after reading about him. Best belief, Zig Ziglar is goooood! You've ever craved actualization of your dreams, intense happiness and full capacity living, then you should subscribe entirely to Zig Ziglar. No time, I've added him to my list of mentors. #yimu.
BRIEF RUNDOWN OF ZIG ZIGLAR
He's real name is Hilary Hinton "Zig" Ziglar. He was born November 6, 1926, Coffee County, Alabama, U.S, he died in November 28, 2012 (aged 86) Plano, Texas, U.S. He died of pneumonia, he's resting place is in McKinney, Texas. Alma Mater; university Of South Carolina, he was a Salesman, Motivational Speaker and Author. He was a politician; he belonged to the Republican Party, he was a Christain, a Baptist. His wife's name is Jean Ziglar, their marriage lasted for 66 years until his death (1946-2012). He had four children but one is late, their names include; Suzan Ziglar Witmeyer (died 1995), Tom Ziglar, Cindy Ziglar Oates, Julie Ziglar Norman, he had seven grand-children.
EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
Zig Ziglar was born in Coffee South Eastern Alabama to John Silas Ziglar and Lila Wescott Ziglar. He was the tenth of twelve children.
In 1931, when Zig Zigler was 5 years old, his father took a management position at a Mississippi farm, and his family moved to Yazoo City, Mississippi, where he spent most of his early childhood. The next year, his father died of a stroke and his younger sister died two days later.
Z.Ziglar served in the U.S Navy during the world war II from 1943-1945. He was in the NavyV-12 Navy Training college and attended the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina.
Ziglar later worked as a salesman in a succession of companies. In 1968, he became a vice president and training director for the automotive performance company, moving to Dallas, Texas.
By 2010, Ziglar still traveled around taking part in motivational seminars, despite a fall down a stairs in 2007 that left him with a short term memory problems.
Ziglar met his wife, Jean in 1944 in Jackson Mississippi. he was seventeen and she was sixteen. They married in late 1946. they had four children: Susan, Tom, Cindy, and Julie.
Ziglar integrated Christianity into his motivational work. He was also a Republican who endorsed former Governor Mike Huckabee for his party's presidential nomination in 2008. On November 28, 2012, Ziglar died of pneumonia at a hospital in Plano, Texas.
BOOKS AUTHORED BY ZIG ZIGLAR
* See you at the top (1975)
* Confessions of a happy Christian
* Zig Ziglar's secret of closing the sale (1982)
* Raising positive kids in a negative world (1985)
* Top performance: How to develop excellence in yourself and others (1986)
* Over the top (1994)
* Success for Dummies (1998)
* Network marketing for Dummies (1998)
* Selling 101: What every sale professional needs to know (2003)
* Confession of a grieving Christian (2004)
* The autobiography of Zig Ziglar (2004)
* Better than good: Creating a life you can't wait to live (2006)
* Embrace the struggle: Living life on life's terms (2009)
* Born to win (2012)
POPULAR QUOTES OF ZIG ZIGLAR
* Few quotes I extracted from his clips include the following;
- Learn to solve your problem yourself
- Who never takes step 1 never takes step 2
- People that complain live in denial rather than facing the problem and solving the problem, they think good of themselves and others as bad
- Learn to see reasons on why you should love any circumstance rather than reasons to like it
- What you do is what you sell everyday of your life
- Positive thinking would let you do everything better than negative thinking will
- The healthiest of all human emotion is gratitude
I was greatly inspired! You don't have no choice other than being just that too. Reading and not allowing his works and words influence every sphere of our lives begets downfall or poor results.
Monday Motivation Couldn't Have Being Served Any Better! You don't want to know the amount of gainful hours I used in stalking Zig Ziglar to create this piece, I'll still stalk some more for me and just me alone *winks, I'm selfish like that.
We are encouraged to get his books, this will give us an edge in getting every detail of his life experience firsthand.
Have a "Mighty" Monday Fam, Enjoy Every Bit Of The Week!
No blogging Without You, thank You For Visiting